Lifetime Manufacturer’s Warranty Against Defects
Good for the lifetime of the original purchaser and non-transferable.
In plain English: The lifetime warranty applies only to the original purchaser. This is because the history of the anchor becomes difficult to determine once it is second or third-hand, and it may have been damaged and repaired at some point, so becoming weakened.
Rocna warrants that the product will be free from material defects and failure of material and workmanship from the date you purchase the product. This includes coverage for any bending or deformation of the anchor, provided the anchor was sized appropriately for the boat based on the official Rocna sizing chart as published by us and up-to-date at the time of selection. For anchors larger than 110 kg where Rocna does not provide sizing recommendations selection should be based on classification society rules as appropriate and as referenced by us.
In plain English: Many other anchor manufacturers limit their coverage to “breakage under normal use”. Rocna believes in the rugged strength of our design and covers not only breakage but bending as well.
Coverage does not include:
- Faults and damage caused by using the anchor outside of the Product Specifications and/or the User’s Guide;
- Faults and damage resulting from general wear-and-tear;
- Faults and damage where modifications to the anchor have been undertaken by any third party not authorized by us;
- Faults and damage caused by failure of any accessory not approved by us;
- Faults and damage caused by product maintenance and repair services by any third party not authorized by us;
- Faults and the repair of damage to property (including the anchor), and personal injury arising from the act, error, fault, neglect, misuse or omission of any user of the anchor;
- Repair of damage to property (including the anchor), and personal injury due to external causes, including accident, abuse, misuse, and failure to perform preventative maintenance and/or repairs;
- Repair of damage to property (including the anchor), and personal injury caused by the operation of the anchor other than in accordance with recommended operating procedures as set out in the User’s Guide or otherwise than in accordance with the directions or recommendations of the manufacturer.
In plain English: If you damage the anchor by way of misuse you cannot expect a replacement or your money back. Normal wear-and-tear and/or corrosion of the sacrificial zinc coating is not covered. You should read and understand all of the exclusions as they are important.
Honoring the Warranty
Where the anchors are faulty or damaged the reseller will replace the product if available, or if a replacement is not available, give you a full refund of the purchase price
Warranty Claim Procedure
If you have a warranty claim, please download the Warranty Claim Form, fill it out as fully as possible, and submit it to email@example.com. One of our customer service personnel will then be in touch to determine the best means to address your concerns.
Your use of the products must be strictly in accordance with the User’s Guide so that the anchor is not used for any purpose for which it is not suitable. You shall solely be responsible for using all necessary skills and care in handling, storing, maintaining, and using the anchor. You acknowledge that we make no specific representation nor do we hold any liability to you as to the effectiveness of the anchor in climactic or inclement weather conditions or in specific tidal situations. Any information about the anchor supplied by Rocna is provided for guidance only and nothing contained herein should be construed as a recommendation to use any particular product in the range of products. You shall make your own determination as to its fitness or suitability for your purposes prior to use. The User’s Guide can be found here.
Except as expressly provided for in this Warranty, Rocna’s liability to you whether in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss, damage or injury arising directly or indirectly from any defect in or non-compliance of the products or from any other breach of Rocna’s obligations under this Warranty shall not exceed an amount equivalent to the price invoiced by the reseller for the faulty products or the products giving rise to the claim. Rocna shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential injury or specific damage or loss of any kind whatsoever.
Local Consumer Law
Nothing in this Warranty affects your statutory rights under any consumer guarantees at law or other legislation applicable to the place of sale which may not be excluded or limited.